Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Working days left in a month.

I am trying to calculate the number of working days left in a month.

I have a sales goals spreadsheet that tells the seller how much they
have to sell each day to meet their goal at the end of the month. In
order to calculate that we need to know how many working days (Mon-fri
minus holidays) are left in the month. I am probably doing this the
long way, but I am trying to break it down into steps so that a rookie
like me can get it done.

A2 has the first day of the month, J2 has =EOMONTH(A2,0) to calculate
the last day of that month. J6:J12 has all of our paid holidays
listed. D2 lists the total workdays in a month with this formula:
=NETWORKDAYS(A2,J2,J6:J12).

Now that I have all of those dates lol I was trying to use WORKDAYS to
get the number of working days left and cannot seem to get it to work.
Basically I wanted to enter the 1st day of the month each month into
A2 and have excel calculate the rest for me.

Thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

LOL, all I had to do was type it out and i figured it out...
=NETWORKDAYS(H2,J2,J7:J12)
If anyone knows a simpler way I would be interested. Thanks!

On Jan 28, 1:49 pm, wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Works perfect, thanks again Biff!
On Jan 28, 2:13 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Just use TODAY() as the first argument in the NETWORKDAYS function:

=NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),J2,J6:J12)

Biff

wrote in ooglegroups.com...

[...]

Thanks for any help!- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -