Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vijay 1

Hi there,
I have 2 sheets. sheet a contains monthwise data like

apr may jun july aug sept oct nov dec jan feb mar cum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 78
I need a formula which sums horizontally (month wise) basing on the month
condition which sheet "b" contains in a1 cell. May be the following example
will explain a little better
sheet B (Cell A1=Nov)
cell b1 = the formula which sums up from apr to nov

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this:

With
your posted values on Sheet_A, cells A1:L2

Then...on Sheet_B
A1 contains a 3-letter month name

This formula returns the total from APR through the month referenced in A1
B1: =SUM(Sheet_A!A2:INDEX(Sheet_A!A2:L2,1,MATCH(A1,She et_A!A1:L1,0)))

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP