Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula in excel to run a tally

I am trying to run a fiscal year total as well as a project to date total.
When I put in the formula it works as it should until I go to the cell below
to type in that info and it adds it to the above total. The following is an
example:
A1 B1 C1
Current Month FY to date Project to date
=Sum(A1+B1) =Sum( B1+2648)
When I put this formula in and put an amount in current month it calculates
correctly. When I put an amount in A2 it adds it to B1 and C1. Any

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Diana,

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Diana" wrote:
Couple of points:

You don't need to do sum if you have a1+b1.

=A1+B1 or sum(a1:b1)

Also on the project to date, I would suggest that the b/fwd figure is
entered on a seperate line to make it clear.

Pls check your formulas on row 2 and post again.

It may be that you have $ on the cell reference as in:

=sum($a$1+$b$1)