Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Do I want to create a Circular references

I have 2 columns labeled "Code" and "Name". I want to create a link based on
the following criteria: If cell B9 contains the code R, display the name in
cell C9 in cell x within the same worksheet. Does that make sense? Any help
would be appreciated!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what a circular reference has to do with this. =IF(B9="R",C9,"")

Enter this formula in the cell for which you want the value of C9 to appear
if B9 = R.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"katencoresl" wrote:

I have 2 columns labeled "Code" and "Name". I want to create a link based on
the following criteria: If cell B9 contains the code R, display the name in
cell C9 in cell x within the same worksheet. Does that make sense? Any help
would be appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, Dave. Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about! Please bear
with me! I need to expand on this formula: If there is an "R" in cells
B9:B22, E9:E22, H9:H22, K9:K22, N9:N22, Q9:Q22, T9:T22, or W9:W22, then
display each name found in the cell to the right of the "R" in cells a42:a70
sequentially. HELP?!

"katencoresl" wrote:

I have 2 columns labeled "Code" and "Name". I want to create a link based on
the following criteria: If cell B9 contains the code R, display the name in
cell C9 in cell x within the same worksheet. Does that make sense? Any help
would be appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In D9 enter this formula

=IF(B9="R",C9)

But you may want to trap for C9 having no value.

=IF(AND(B9="R",(C9<"")),C9,"conditions not met")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:16:00 -0800, katencoresl
wrote:

I have 2 columns labeled "Code" and "Name". I want to create a link based on
the following criteria: If cell B9 contains the code R, display the name in
cell C9 in cell x within the same worksheet. Does that make sense? Any help
would be appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No problem.

I'm not sure what you're asking with the new question though?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.