Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macros and protect sheet

I need to do different things at once in my worksheet.

1. I need a macro to select a value from an autofilter (that part is done)
2. I need to protect the sheet (exept a few inputcells), the sheet
containing various formulas (this is also done)
3. I need both at the same time....

The macro stops when it should select a spesific value in the autofilter. I
have formatted the cells in the filter (and the inputcells) to be hidden, not
locked, and the sheet is protected - and the user can choose unlocked cells
and use the autofilter.

Do I need to install some function into vb? I needed this when I wanted
another macro to make pivottables, but I cannot remember why.

I hope someone can help me with this, I have a really short deadline. Thanks!

traima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You will not be able to use the filters if the sheet is protected. In
your macro you will have to unprotect the sheet, allow filters to be
used, then protect the sheet again.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 25, 3:55 pm, traima wrote:
I need to do different things at once in my worksheet.

1. I need a macro to select a value from an autofilter (that part is done)
2. I need to protect the sheet (exept a few inputcells), the sheet
containing various formulas (this is also done)
3. I need both at the same time....

The macro stops when it should select a spesific value in the autofilter. I
have formatted the cells in the filter (and the inputcells) to be hidden, not
locked, and the sheet is protected - and the user can choose unlocked cells
and use the autofilter.

Do I need to install some function into vb? I needed this when I wanted
another macro to make pivottables, but I cannot remember why.

I hope someone can help me with this, I have a really short deadline. Thanks!

traima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glad to be of help - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jan 25, 3:55 pm, traima wrote:
I need to do different things at once in my worksheet.

1. I need a macro to select a value from an autofilter (that part is done)
2. I need to protect the sheet (exept a few inputcells), the sheet
containing various formulas (this is also done)
3. I need both at the same time....

The macro stops when it should select a spesific value in the autofilter. I
have formatted the cells in the filter (and the inputcells) to be hidden, not
locked, and the sheet is protected - and the user can choose unlocked cells
and use the autofilter.

Do I need to install some function into vb? I needed this when I wanted
another macro to make pivottables, but I cannot remember why.

I hope someone can help me with this, I have a really short deadline. Thanks!

traima- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -