Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ah ah is offline

Default insert records

Hi;

I'm facing some issues with the following, could anyone help?

a) I've created 2 worksheet in a spreadsheet , name as "A" and "B"
All the employees will key in their data to the "A" wosksheet.
b) I've formatted the "B" wosksheet to duplicate all the contents from "A"
to "B"
The function that I use a left and right function. For example:
=LEFT(A!A36,50)

All the while, it is working well.But, when the employee insert a line in
between, then the system will not be able to duplicate it to the "B" worksheet

Please advice what should I do to make the data in "A" worksheet duplicate
to "B" worksheet automatically based on the linenumber. It should not be
affected when the employee insert some record in between.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you simply want to ignore newly inserted lines in the A sheet then
absolute addressing will solve your problem. for example

=LEFT(A!A$36,50)

However, this won't insert a new line into the B sheet
"ah" wrote:

Hi;

I'm facing some issues with the following, could anyone help?

a) I've created 2 worksheet in a spreadsheet , name as "A" and "B"
All the employees will key in their data to the "A" wosksheet.
b) I've formatted the "B" wosksheet to duplicate all the contents from "A"
to "B"
The function that I use a left and right function. For example:
=LEFT(A!A36,50)

All the while, it is working well.But, when the employee insert a line in
between, then the system will not be able to duplicate it to the "B" worksheet

Please advice what should I do to make the data in "A" worksheet duplicate
to "B" worksheet automatically based on the linenumber. It should not be
affected when the employee insert some record in between.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe...
=LEFT(INDIRECT("A!A"&ROW()),50)