Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find all possible Difference between two sets of numbers

Hi
I have two set of number
A B
72183 71368
76753 76090
76800 81442
76984 82613
77291 83583
80420 85581
84041 87851
106135 106139
109161
111424

Assuming they all start with row 1. I would like use every number in
"B"-every number in "A". For example 71368-72183, 71368-76753 and so on until
it reaches 84041 then I will use the next number 81442 - 72183, 81442-76753.
Notice that all numbers in B are whole number and they can smaller or bigger
than number in A. The total entries of A does not necessary as the same as B.
After the difference is found, then I would like to filter out entries that
give a difference of 4.

Any inputs will be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create a matrix with a horizontal axis of numbers from column B and a
vertical axis of numbers from column B, then subtract each intersection of
the matrix. Apply conditional formatting to the matrix to highlight every
cell which is = to 4.

Assuming the horizontal axis is in B1:I1 and the vertical axis is in A2:A11,
your first formula, in the upper left hand corner of the matrix, is =$A2-B$1,
then fill down and to the right.

Note that upon doing this I see you have no values of 4. You do, however,
have a value of negative 4.

Dave

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.