Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automatic Quote Number Creator

Hi,

I created a Quotation document in Excel and converted to Template. I need
for all new quotes to generate a different quote number, but don't know how
this is done.

Please help! Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The macros in the reference I gave you work on WinXL as well as Macs
(not MACs, btw, which are most commonly Media Access Control addresses).

You don't need to be a programmer - take a look at the link on that page
to David McRitchie's site:

There are many other ways to accomplish generating unique, traceable,
and persistent quote numbers, but to generate them using XL pretty much
requires using macros.

In article ,
Nitza wrote:

Thank you, but I'm not a programmer and not using a MAC. Is there anther way
to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

how do you keep track of your quotes?The system we use is based on the fact
that there is a main"quote register"The basic details are entered in this
document and saved.There is a list of numbers down one column and A little
macro runs copys al the details including the predetermined quote number into
our estimating sheet(s)
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!