Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count the number of times a hyperlink is viewed

I have a spreadsheet with hyperlinks to policies and procedures. Management
wants me to count if and how many times a team member clicks on a particular
hyperlink. I have about 100 team members and so far I've copied the
spreadsheet for each person as some of the procedures have to be invisible to
them. I'm not sure if CountIf is the right way to approach this or not. Can
anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put the following code in ThisWorkbook code area:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetFollowHyperlink(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As Hyperlink)
Set t = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1)
t.Value = t.Value + 1
End Sub

So if you have a hyperlink in cell Z100, everytime it is clicked, the value
in AA100 will be incremented.

It is always the cell just to the right of the cell containing the link.

If you are unfamiliar with VBA, See:

Gary's Student
gsnu200701

"RocketMan" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with hyperlinks to policies and procedures. Management
wants me to count if and how many times a team member clicks on a particular
hyperlink. I have about 100 team members and so far I've copied the
spreadsheet for each person as some of the procedures have to be invisible to
them. I'm not sure if CountIf is the right way to approach this or not. Can
anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't know enough about "webbing" to implement something like that.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200701