Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Locking Cells or worksheets

I have a worksheet that people can input data. I have other worksheets that
use this information to summarize the data. I do not want the summarized
worksheets & data to be edited or formulas to be edited. However, I have a
list of hyperlinks in the summarized worksheet that will not work when I
protect the worksheet. Is there a way for the hyperlinks to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, Mike. That helps for the most part. However, when I hold down the
cursor, the cell becomes active whereby I can change/delete the hyperlink.
Anyway to eliminate this?

"Steve" wrote:

I have a worksheet that people can input data. I have other worksheets that
use this information to summarize the data. I do not want the summarized
worksheets & data to be edited or formulas to be edited. However, I have a
list of hyperlinks in the summarized worksheet that will not work when I
protect the worksheet. Is there a way for the hyperlinks to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike,

That was great! I realized that I had the settings wrong in the password
protection screen. Thanks a bunch!