Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Array using MIN

Hello -
Im trying to pull an employees start ang end logouts from a timecard text
file that is being converted into excel. Sheet 1 looks like the following:
A B C
1 ID Start End
2 30008 11:06 AM 12:47 PM
3 30008 1:16 PM 2:46 PM
4 30008 3:01 PM 4:23 PM
5 30015 7:54 AM 9:12 AM
6 30015 9:20 AM 9:53 AM
7 30015 10:10 AM 11:40 AM
8...

Sheet 2 column A has all the ID's in it and then Column B is where I want to
list their times. Yes - easy way is vlookup, but I'm trying to avoid that due
to another reason.

What I thought would work is the following formula... but I'm wrongo - my
greatest thanks for any suggestions in advance.

{=if($A1=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$500,min($B$2:$B$500),""))}
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Details on what you want to do are vague, but guessing from your formula, try:

=min(if(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$500=$A1,$B$2:$B$500))

array entered w/Cntrl+Shift+Enter

"Jatiro" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=MIN(IF($A1=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$500,$B$2:$B$500))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter