Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell content is based on other cell value

Good afternoon.

In a spreadsheet, I allow the users to enter a weight either in Pounds or in
Kilos.

If a user enters the weight in Kilos, I would like to disable the data entry
in the cell where the weight in pounds would be entered.

What would be the trick / formula / worksheet macro to do such a thing...
The condition would be like : If the weight in Kilos is 0 then do not allow
any data entry in a specific cell.

Thanks so much for helping

Michel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use <data< validation

select to allow "custom"

enter =IF(A2<=0,TRUE,FALSE) in the formula box

enter a message in "error alert" tab

assuming kilo's amount is in A2

--
Greetings from New Zealand
"MIchel Khennafi" wrote in message
Good afternoon.

In a spreadsheet, I allow the users to enter a weight either in Pounds or
in Kilos.

If a user enters the weight in Kilos, I would like to disable the data
entry in the cell where the weight in pounds would be entered.

What would be the trick / formula / worksheet macro to do such a thing...
The condition would be like : If the weight in Kilos is 0 then do not
allow any data entry in a specific cell.

Thanks so much for helping

Michel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cool! Thanks for the idea.
Based on your suggestion, Bill, the formula could be made even shorter:
validation criteria in A1: =ISBLANK(A2)
validation criteria in A2: =ISBLANK(A1)

Now either A1 or A2 accepts input.

Joerg Mochikun