Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change the data in one cell based on content of another.

I've had a memory lapse here. I need to change the value of one cell (user
input cell) based on the content of another cell. See the following:

Materials
# Item Unit Price Qty. Total

1 $0.00 0.00 $0.00
2 $0.00 0.00 $0.00
3 $0.00 0.00 $0.00
4 $0.00 0.00 $0.00

If no item is selected unit price will be $0.00 need Qty to revert to 0.00
as well.

Thanks in advance

Barry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Barry

Qty column cannot be user input, AND contain a formula that will cause
it to be 0 if Material is deleted.
It can only be one or the other and I guess user input of Qty wins out.

The formula in your Total column however, could be set as follows
=IF(A2="","",B2*C2)
So if there is nothing in A2, then there will be nothing in D2,
otherwise it will hold the value of Price * Qty.

--
Regards

Roger Govier