Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default background color

I have a spreadsheet that I want everyother line to have a light blue
background for the color. But when I sort the sheet the background color
moves also. Can I do this without the color moving.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try conditional formating

Select the worksheet or the range

open up conditional formatting

select formula

and enter

=MOD(ROW(),2)

and ten select the pattern you want for it.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Tommy" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I want everyother line to have a light blue
background for the color. But when I sort the sheet the background color
moves also. Can I do this without the color moving.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Martin

Thank you but I want the letters to remain black and the background color to
be light blue, when I do what you told me to do it changed the letters.

"Tommy" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I want everyother line to have a light blue
background for the color. But when I sort the sheet the background color
moves also. Can I do this without the color moving.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tommy

Sounds like you hit the Font tab instead of the Patterns Tab when you did the
Format step after entering Martin's formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP