Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default find last cell in a column but not a formula

I want to select the last cell in a coloumn and paste the value but the cell
contents is a forumula and everyhting I have tried results in the 1 or error
instead of the result of the formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you'll need to post a few more details....

Like:
what formula(s) are you using?
What steps are you doing?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"WesT" wrote:

I want to select the last cell in a coloumn and paste the value but the cell
contents is a forumula and everyhting I have tried results in the 1 or error
instead of the result of the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm using the following formula to get the last cell:
=IF(COUNTA(A3:A97)=0,"None!",LOOKUP(2,1/(LEN(A3:A97)0),A3:A97))

the formulas in the cell is a simple percentage formula:
=(B13-C13-D13-E13)/B13

"WesT" wrote:

I want to select the last cell in a coloumn and paste the value but the cell
contents is a forumula and everyhting I have tried results in the 1 or error
instead of the result of the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK....that's more information, but I'm still puzzled about what you're
ultimately trying to find ,what you want to do once you find it, and what
obstacles you're facing.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"WesT" wrote:

I want to select the last cell in a coloumn and paste the value but the cell
contents is a forumula and everyhting I have tried results in the 1 or error
instead of the result of the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a worksheet with a list of equipment and uptime rates. each week I
add a new row with the current weeks rate information. I use this data in a
powerpoint slide. So i used the formula in a different cell to pull just the
current weeks info. then I use that to link to the power point slides so it
auto updates. When I use the formula on a percentage it results in '1'
instead of percentage. thanks for everything in advance

"WesT" wrote:

I want to select the last cell in a coloumn and paste the value but the cell
contents is a forumula and everyhting I have tried results in the 1 or error
instead of the result of the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Any chance that the problem is just a number formatting issue?

If you change the number format of the cell
containing your formula to Percentage does that fix it?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"WesT" wrote:

I want to select the last cell in a coloumn and paste the value but the cell
contents is a forumula and everyhting I have tried results in the 1 or error
instead of the result of the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback......If it wasn't a format problem, then I was out of
ideas.

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP