Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nav Nav is offline

Default Vlookup using cell for tab name

Hello

I am using =VLOOKUP($A1,'[DEAL.xls]1'!$A:$J,2,FALSE)

However I am aware that the value I want maybe on sheet called "777" instead
of "1". Is it possible to reference this to a cell or do I need to keep
changing the formula to retreive the col 2 data?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

You could try
=VLOOKUP($A1,INDIRECT("'[DEAL.xls]"&B1&"'!$A:$J"),2,FALSE)

where B1 holds your sheet number 777

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Nav" wrote in message
Hello

I am using =VLOOKUP($A1,'[DEAL.xls]1'!$A:$J,2,FALSE)

However I am aware that the value I want maybe on sheet called "777"
instead
of "1". Is it possible to reference this to a cell or do I need to
keep
changing the formula to retreive the col 2 data?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nav Nav is offline

Hello Roger.

Thanks - It works a treat. Much Appreciated.