Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function or formula

Hello being relativly new to some of excels advanced features i was hoping
for some help

I have a price list in excel format it has product codes down column a
product description in column b rrp ex vat in column c rrp inc vat in column

i wish to have some sort of form set up so i can type a product code in one
box, and a selling price either inc vat in one box or ex vat in another box,
and the form to look up the relavent product and tell me as a % off of
either the rrp inc or rrp ex vat(which ever chosen) my selling price is

Is this possible or will i need to use accses or some other program

Many thanks for any help

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ignore my first post

=INDEX(C2:C100,MATCH(1,(A2:A100="your product code")*(B2:B100="inc vat")))
ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"MArtin" wrote:

Hello being relativly new to some of excels advanced features i was hoping
for some help

I have a price list in excel format it has product codes down column a
product description in column b rrp ex vat in column c rrp inc vat in column

i wish to have some sort of form set up so i can type a product code in one
box, and a selling price either inc vat in one box or ex vat in another box,
and the form to look up the relavent product and tell me as a % off of
either the rrp inc or rrp ex vat(which ever chosen) my selling price is

Is this possible or will i need to use accses or some other program

Many thanks for any help

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Forgive me teethless mama as i am new to this i do not under stand your reply,
i would like to just type a product code in either a blank cell or form say
in row h a price inc vat maybe below in row h or ex vat maybe below that in
row h and for an answer to come up in another cell saying a % off the rrp

if this is what you have sent could you break down for me please

thanks

Martin