Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum of selected cells from different sheets in a new workbook

I have the productwise data of sales in different sheets. The sheets are the
basically the months. The products are categorised according to their end
use. e.g. TV, Music system will be classified as Electronic goods, where as
cricket bat, football will be categorised as Sports material. These details
are available Sales staff wise.
I want to have the output file with details of sale employee wise, monthwise
& categorywise.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your life would become a lot easier if all the data were in one worksheet. You
could add another column to indicate the month (and year) and then use
data|pivottable to get very nice summaries.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Dave.
I have the data monthwise. In each month the number of line items is 6000.
This means 12 months data will contain 72000 line items. This will not fit in
one sheet & hence I have to keep the data in different sheets month wise. The
output file will have a validation for month. So if I select a particular
month, it should display the employeewise & category wise sales. Please
suggest.

"Vijay Joshi" wrote:

I have the productwise data of sales in different sheets. The sheets are
basically the months. The products are categorised according to their end
use. e.g. TV, Music system will be classified as Electronic goods, where as
cricket bat, football will be categorised as Sports material. These details
are available Sales staff wise.
I want to have the output file with details of sale employee wise, monthwise
& categorywise.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Apply data|filter|autofilter to each of the worksheets and copy the visible
cells to a new worksheet???

Or upgrade to xl2007. It'll have a million rows.