Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Timesheet Validation

I'm new too this so be patient!
I have devised a weekly timesheet which calculate hours and minutes worked
per day, and (later) calculates both overtime and time off (short days). Our
week begins on a Monday (even on Bank Holidays) and the only unlocked 'date'
cell is the first one (first Monday of the week). Can I use a formula in
validation to 'force' the input date to return the nearest Monday to that
input date. (I have tried to make it easy by using the format 'dddd
dd/mm/yy' but I still get sheet which start on a Sunday or Tuesday !)
Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am assuming that you mean Data Validation. Assuming it is in A2, use this
formula in Custom type

=A2=A2-WEEKDAY(A2)+2

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"GrahamB" wrote in message
I'm new too this so be patient!
I have devised a weekly timesheet which calculate hours and minutes worked
per day, and (later) calculates both overtime and time off (short days).

Our
week begins on a Monday (even on Bank Holidays) and the only unlocked

'date'
cell is the first one (first Monday of the week). Can I use a formula in
validation to 'force' the input date to return the nearest Monday to that
input date. (I have tried to make it easy by using the format 'dddd
dd/mm/yy' but I still get sheet which start on a Sunday or Tuesday !)
Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I did indeed mean Data Validation ! Many thanks Bob, that works just fine.
My original question /idea was to make the formula find the nearest Monday
to the date the user entered, but I'm more than happy with your suggestion
now that I've tried it.
Cheers.
Graham