Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula viewing format

I know this is an easy one, I just can't find where to change it:

I working on a worksheet created by someone else and whenever I create a
formula in a cell the actual formula shows and not the result, where do I
change this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

TOOLS
OPTIONS
VIEW Tab
Uncheck "Formulas"

HTH,
Elkar

"Roger" wrote:

I know this is an easy one, I just can't find where to change it:

I working on a worksheet created by someone else and whenever I create a
formula in a cell the actual formula shows and not the result, where do I
change this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Roger

Could be either or both of two reasons.

1 The cell is formatted as text. Format as General then F2 and <ENTER

2. You are in "Formula View". Hit CTRL + ` (backquote above Tab key) to toggle
on/off.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP