Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Setting up slide scale for prices

I can't really figure out an efficient way to do this. I keep creating
nested if statements that are very long and annoying, but there has to be an
easier way.

Column A is quantity sold and is a numerical value anywhere between 1 and
2000, and in Column B I want to calculate total cost based on this price
scale --

Pricing
1 - 10 = $2.40
11- 100 = $1.30
101 - 250 = $.60
251 - 1000 = $.20
1001 + = .12

So if someone sells 290 the first 10 are priced at $2.40, the next 90 are
priced at $1.30, the next $150 are priced at $.60 and the final 40 are priced
at $.20. So the total price of selling 290 = $239.

Is there an easy way to set the price table in and have a small formula
calculate and add the breaks?

Have a good day,

Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions