Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
nospaminlich

Default Setting rules for y scale

I've set the scale to Max 1000 which is fine most of the time but very
occasionally there will be a value of more than 1000 and for these instances
I need the scale to automatically rescale.

Is it possible to set the Y scale of a graph to Max 1000 but if the data
exceeds 1000 then revert the scale to Auto? If so, how do I do this?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

There is no way to do this without macros. (Well, no easy way, and it's a
full day advanced charting class to learn the hard way.) But you can link
your axis parameters to worksheet cells using macros and worksheet events,
as described he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

Put a formula in the Ymax cell that does something like this:

=IF(MAX(your_Y_value_range_here)1000,100*(INT(MAX (your_Y_value_range_here)/100)+1),1000)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"nospaminlich" wrote in message
I've set the scale to Max 1000 which is fine most of the time but very
occasionally there will be a value of more than 1000 and for these
instances
I need the scale to automatically rescale.

Is it possible to set the Y scale of a graph to Max 1000 but if the data
exceeds 1000 then revert the scale to Auto? If so, how do I do this?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
nospaminlich

Thanks a lot Jon. I'll give the macro a try.