Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default tab question

In Excel, is there a way to reference a worksheet tab to a cell in a
worksheet? For example, I have a date cell that references to all my other
worksheets so I only have to change it once. I also have to manually change
that date on one of the tabs for the Summary worksheet. Is there a way to
reference that tab to automatically obtain the date I enter in that one cell
on the summary sheet that is used to reference all the other sheets? If not,
can this be created? This would be much easier because people forget about
changing the tab names...but if they could be referenced to a cell, just as
one cell can be referenced to another...we worldn't have to worry about
changing the tab name or title. Please help..thanks
--
--cris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I really didn't get what you are trying to do, what do you mean by references
you other sheets, how are you doing it and what is it? Overall are you just
trying to get all of the tabs named?
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"crisgrnr" wrote:

In Excel, is there a way to reference a worksheet tab to a cell in a
worksheet? For example, I have a date cell that references to all my other
worksheets so I only have to change it once. I also have to manually change
that date on one of the tabs for the Summary worksheet. Is there a way to
reference that tab to automatically obtain the date I enter in that one cell
on the summary sheet that is used to reference all the other sheets? If not,
can this be created? This would be much easier because people forget about
changing the tab names...but if they could be referenced to a cell, just as
one cell can be referenced to another...we worldn't have to worry about
changing the tab name or title. Please help..thanks
--
--cris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Basically I am trying to name the tabs without manually typing in the
tabnames or dates... I want to REF# the tab to the date cell, and each time I
change the data in the CELL I want it to automatically update the Worksheet
Tab, just as it would another Cell within the worksheet. Do you understand
what I mean?
--
--cris

"crisgrnr" wrote:

In Excel, is there a way to reference a worksheet tab to a cell in a
worksheet? For example, I have a date cell that references to all my other
worksheets so I only have to change it once. I also have to manually change
that date on one of the tabs for the Summary worksheet. Is there a way to
reference that tab to automatically obtain the date I enter in that one cell
on the summary sheet that is used to reference all the other sheets? If not,
can this be created? This would be much easier because people forget about
changing the tab names...but if they could be referenced to a cell, just as
one cell can be referenced to another...we worldn't have to worry about
changing the tab name or title. Please help..thanks
--
--cris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are saying that you want to change the worksheet name with each
change to a cell on a worksheet then use a worksheet_change event in the
sheet module with activesheet.name=target or if you want for all sheets use
one of the event codes in the ThisWorkbook module.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software