Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default date related question???

I currently have a sheet that has the following columns:

CurrentDate, SeniorityDate,TotalYears and other columns.
01/03/07, 10/19/92,14

I would like the data instead to be:
01/03/07,10/19/92,14.3 (or comparable)

I'm trying to prorate vacation balanced based on the "Total Years" field.
But employees would actually get a prorated amount for anything over
"whole
years increments".

E.G because they employee has a seniority date of 10/19/92
14 years gets him 160 hrs vacation and the additional time eclipsed from
10/19 to jan 1 of current year would give him an additional 5 hrs of
vacation. ... for a total of 165 hours vacation.

TIA,
_Bigred

I'm protected by SpamBrave
http://www.spambrave.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nel post
*_Bigred* ha scritto:

I currently have a sheet that has the following columns:

CurrentDate, SeniorityDate,TotalYears and other columns.
01/03/07, 10/19/92,14

I would like the data instead to be:
01/03/07,10/19/92,14.3 (or comparable)

I'm trying to prorate vacation balanced based on the "Total Years"
field. But employees would actually get a prorated amount for
anything over "whole
years increments".

E.G because they employee has a seniority date of 10/19/92
14 years gets him 160 hrs vacation and the additional time eclipsed
from 10/19 to jan 1 of current year would give him an additional 5
hrs of vacation. ... for a total of 165 hours vacation.

TIA,
_Bigred

Hi Bigred,

I think it depends on the way how do you calculate the Total Years amount:
you could simply do the difference and than divide this difference (i.e. a
number of days) by 365,25...

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy