Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date Functions

I am trying to figure out the due date for new a test, and then copy that
formula straight down the worksheet.

For example
Person A took her inital test on 13 Oct 07, 180 days later the next test is
due on 13 Apr 07. Now I entered the formula =DATE(2006,10+B165[180 days],13)
to give me the next test date due on 13 Apr 07. However when I go down to
the next row to complete the next test date for person B who took his test
initally on a different date: 23 Feb 06, I began to realize that I would have
to individually change the intial test date in the same formula for each
individual person. I have over two hundred people!

My question is this? Is there any way that excel could calculate the next
test date due with the same formula without me having to go into that same
formula on each row and change the intial test date of each person?

Thank you for your help, I look forward to a response from you soon.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Surely you must mean

=DATE(2006,10,B165+13)

otherwise you add 180 months?

Or do you mean you want to add 6 months each time?

=DATE(2006,10+6*ROWS($A$1:A1),13)

Anyway, if you mean you want the date to add 180 days each time it is
copied down?

=DATE(2006,10,13+180*ROWS($A$1:A1))

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

mark.nelson4 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why not just use the cell that contains the date plus 180? eg, A1 contains
13th Oct 2006, so =A1+180 and format as a date. You would have issues in
this where a test would be scheduled for a Saturday or Sunday, maybe a Bank
Holiday too. These can be overcome using the WEEKDAY function.
Regards,
Alan.
"mark.nelson4" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

With base date in A1, to calculate a date 180 days later:
=A1+180

Arvi Laanemets

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the date of the test is there, just add the 180 days to it. Assumed layout:

A B C
1 Names Tested Dates Next Due Dates

So if B165 has the Tested Date in it, then in C165:
=B165+180

You could get fancy and check to see if that day is Sat/Sun and move the due
date to Friday before last possible date due:
=IF(WEEKDAY(B165+180)=1,B165+178,IF(WEEKDAY(B165+1 80)=7,B165+179,B165+180))

"mark.nelson4" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you wanted to ensure that the date returned was on a weekday (gives the
previous workday if resulting date is a weekend)

=WORKDAY(A165+B165+1,-1)

where A165 contains date and B165 contains number of days to add

or without using Analysis ToolPak functions

=A165+B165-MAX(0,WEEKDAY(A165+B165,2)-5)

"mark.nelson4" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good point! I didn't even think about WORKDAY(). Much more concise.

"mark.nelson4" wrote:

[...]

How do I create a schedule from a list of dates ? Gavin Morris Charts and Charting in Excel 2 October 28th 10 04:08 PM
IF and Date Functions Christ4 Excel Worksheet Functions 3 August 11th 06 04:18 AM
Advanced Date Functions enright_m Excel Worksheet Functions 1 October 26th 05 04:08 PM
Date functions John New Users to Excel 3 August 15th 05 08:50 PM
search for latest date Sue Excel Worksheet Functions 2 August 2nd 05 11:09 PM