Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup Help!!

I am trying to create a column that reads from a cell with a long
string of text. For example: PPC: Intro to World Studies 2003 TRP
Assembly. I've tried using if statements and vlookups to extract "TRP"
from the sentence, I did this using:
=if(isna(match("*TRP*",F2,0),"Medium","Other").

How can I create a fromula that allows me to use multiple conditions?
For example, if the cell contains "Cat", "Dog", "Bird," = animal?

Thanks