Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003 Addition Formula

Hello. In Excel 2000, if I entered 2+2 in a cell and hit the Insert Function
button, it inserted the the arithmetic operator as an equal sign. How do I
do this in Excel 2003? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

just type =2+2
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Ms. Odom" wrote:

Hello. In Excel 2000, if I entered 2+2 in a cell and hit the Insert Function
button, it inserted the the arithmetic operator as an equal sign. How do I
do this in Excel 2003? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A far as I know, entering 2+2 will show in the cell as just that in all
versions. All formula's have to start with an '='. Did you have some add-in
that did what you describe? I used 2000 for a while and it never did that.
Regards,
Alan.
"Ms. Odom" wrote in message
Hello. In Excel 2000, if I entered 2+2 in a cell and hit the Insert
Function
button, it inserted the the arithmetic operator as an equal sign. How do
do this in Excel 2003? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ms. Odom

If you are refering to the = sign on the formula bar in 2000, Yes it is
gone in 2003 and you have to manually type it in. I use 2000 and like using
the button on the formula bar to start my formulas, why they did away with it
in 2003 is beyond me!!! Just another good idea that ended up in the
"galactic bit bucket".

I hope this is of some help

Mike Rogers