Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default removing a macro from a workbook

I have a workbook that I used a few macros on, and possible created one in
(but deleted) and now whenever anyone opens it they get the enable/disable
macro warning. I've looked in all places that I know to find a macro to
delete, but there is nothing. How to I clear what ever is prompting the
warning

thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Roger

You need to also delete any/all standard modules that you have in the
workbook (whether or not they actually conatin any code) to make sure
you don't get that annoying macro warning (I assume you've cleared the
Thisworkbook/Sheets modules).

Hope this helps!

Richard

Roger wrote:
I have a workbook that I used a few macros on, and possible created one in
(but deleted) and now whenever anyone opens it they get the enable/disable
macro warning. I've looked in all places that I know to find a macro to
delete, but there is nothing. How to I clear what ever is prompting the
warning

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Roger

You have to also delete the module the macro(s) were stored in.

With your workbook open hit Alt + F11 to open VBEditor then CTRL + r to open
Project Explorer.

Expand your workbook/project and right-click on Module1 and "Remove"

Click NO when asked if you want to Export the module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP