Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can excel populate fields in one worksheet to another?

My boss wants me to create a form in either Excel or Access. He first wanted
Excel because most people have excel on their computer. But I said Access
because I thought it was easier. Anyway, he wants me to create a form. There
are multiple forms for different purposes but sometimes require redundant
information. How can you populate fields in one worksheet and have it updated
also in another worksheet (within the same workbook)? Would this be easier to
do in Access?
Help is much appreciated!
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want the entry made in Sheet1 cell A1 to also appear in Sheet2 cell
A20, enter this formula in Sheet2 cell A20:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Biff

"AngelaD" wrote in message
My boss wants me to create a form in either Excel or Access. He first
wanted
Excel because most people have excel on their computer. But I said Access
because I thought it was easier. Anyway, he wants me to create a form.
There
are multiple forms for different purposes but sometimes require redundant
information. How can you populate fields in one worksheet and have it
updated
also in another worksheet (within the same workbook)? Would this be easier
do in Access?
Help is much appreciated!
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

THX for replying so fast...forgive my adolescence in Excel, but could you
indulge me in explaining a little more what you mean by and what I need to do
with:

In Sheet2
A1 =Sheet1!A1

"Teethless mama" wrote:

In Sheet2
A1 =Sheet1!A1

"AngelaD" wrote:

My boss wants me to create a form in either Excel or Access. He first wanted
Excel because most people have excel on their computer. But I said Access
because I thought it was easier. Anyway, he wants me to create a form. There
are multiple forms for different purposes but sometimes require redundant
information. How can you populate fields in one worksheet and have it updated
also in another worksheet (within the same workbook)? Would this be easier to
do in Access?
Help is much appreciated!
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It worked, but how can I get it to populate an entire column? For example, if
I want to add some one in A200, and I want that same exact info in another
sheet updated in A200 (worksheet 2) how can I make that happen?

"AngelaD" wrote in message
My boss wants me to create a form in either Excel or Access. He first
wanted
Excel because most people have excel on their computer. But I said Access
because I thought it was easier. Anyway, he wants me to create a form.
There
are multiple forms for different purposes but sometimes require redundant
information. How can you populate fields in one worksheet and have it
updated
also in another worksheet (within the same workbook)? Would this be easier
do in Access?
Help is much appreciated!
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sheet2
A1 =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
Select A1 and drag all the way down to A200