Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Replace first * with a space in a description

We have a number of items that we have in our inventory that are overstocked.
We want to highlight them by removing the spaces and replacing them
asteriks. Now we want to replace the first * that is in that description
with a space instead.The first asterik may appear as the 3rd charactor or up
to the 12th charactor in the product description.
Is there a formula there that I can use. as an example;

Bubble*Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (as it is now)
Bubble Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (the way I would like it to read)
--
Thanks in advance,
inthestands
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

=LEFT(A1,FIND("*",A1,1)-1)&" "&MID(A1,FIND("*",A1,1)+1,99)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"inthestands" wrote:

We have a number of items that we have in our inventory that are overstocked.
We want to highlight them by removing the spaces and replacing them
asteriks. Now we want to replace the first * that is in that description
with a space instead.The first asterik may appear as the 3rd charactor or up
to the 12th charactor in the product description.
Is there a formula there that I can use. as an example;

Bubble*Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (as it is now)
Bubble Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (the way I would like it to read)
--
Thanks in advance,
inthestands

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Abbrevaition for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft, times 3.......in other words,
a Triple Heart Bypass..............survivor. Definately NOT a fun-thing,
but better than the alternative<G.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"inthestands" wrote:

We have a number of items that we have in our inventory that are
overstocked.
We want to highlight them by removing the spaces and replacing them
asteriks. Now we want to replace the first * that is in that description
with a space instead.The first asterik may appear as the 3rd charactor or
up
to the 12th charactor in the product description.
Is there a formula there that I can use. as an example;

Bubble*Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (as it is now)
Bubble Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (the way I would like it to read)
--
Thanks in advance,
inthestands

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

You're welcome...........thanks for the feedback..........

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"inthestands" wrote:

We have a number of items that we have in our inventory that are overstocked.
We want to highlight them by removing the spaces and replacing them
asteriks. Now we want to replace the first * that is in that description
with a space instead.The first asterik may appear as the 3rd charactor or up
to the 12th charactor in the product description.
Is there a formula there that I can use. as an example;

Bubble*Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (as it is now)
Bubble Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (the way I would like it to read)
--
Thanks in advance,
inthestands

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Very good Dave.......are you a "Zipper Club" member? Usually the only ones
who know what that means are the Med Students and the ones who have "been
there".

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"inthestands" wrote:

We have a number of items that we have in our inventory that are
overstocked.
We want to highlight them by removing the spaces and replacing them
asteriks. Now we want to replace the first * that is in that description
with a space instead.The first asterik may appear as the 3rd charactor or
up
to the 12th charactor in the product description.
Is there a formula there that I can use. as an example;

Bubble*Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (as it is now)
Bubble Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (the way I would like it to read)
--
Thanks in advance,
inthestands

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I used to work with a couple of young guys (in their 40's when they had their
surgeries) that used to talk about cabbage stuff.

Both are still doing well after 5-10 years.