Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Replace first * with a space in a description

I used to work with a couple of young guys (in their 40's when they had their
surgeries) that used to talk about cabbage stuff.

Both are still doing well after 5-10 years.

CLR wrote:

Very good Dave.......are you a "Zipper Club" member? Usually the only ones
who know what that means are the Med Students and the ones who have "been
there".

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

http://www.medicinenet.com/coronary_...ft/article.htm
(times 3)

"T. Valko" wrote:

Chuck, I've always been curious......

What is CABGx3?

Biff

"CLR" wrote in message
=LEFT(A1,FIND("*",A1,1)-1)&" "&MID(A1,FIND("*",A1,1)+1,99)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"inthestands" wrote:

We have a number of items that we have in our inventory that are
overstocked.
We want to highlight them by removing the spaces and replacing them
asteriks. Now we want to replace the first * that is in that description
with a space instead.The first asterik may appear as the 3rd charactor or
up
to the 12th charactor in the product description.
Is there a formula there that I can use. as an example;

Bubble*Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (as it is now)
Bubble Gum*Grape*Flavor*****12*pack (the way I would like it to read)
--
Thanks in advance,