Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Another IF Question

I've been pounding my head against my desk all morning trying to figure
this out, so this in where you all come in. Seems like it should be
simple, but I'm not getting it.
I want to evaluate the value in Column B and if certain criteria are
met, then place a category in column D. Here's what I want to
accomplish.
If B2<500 then place "RED" in Column D.
If B2 is between 500-1000 then place "Orange"
If B2 is between 1000-1500 then place Green
If B2 is 1500+ then place Blue.

I might just be overthinking, but I just can't seem to get it all the
way through testing each test.
Any help would be greatly appericated.
THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Worked like a charm. I was trying to make it too complicated.
Thanks for the help

jlepack wrote:
I used this formula in D1 and filled down:

=IF(B1<500,"RED",IF(B1<1000,"ORANGE",IF(B1<1500,"G REEN","BLUE")))

These were my results. Note the results of the border cases
(500,1000,1500)

499 RED
500 ORANGE
501 ORANGE
1000 GREEN
1001 GREEN
1500 BLUE
1501 BLUE

Cheers,
Jason Lepack

brianelowry.....gmail.com wrote:
I've been pounding my head against my desk all morning trying to figure
this out, so this in where you all come in. Seems like it should be
simple, but I'm not getting it.
I want to evaluate the value in Column B and if certain criteria are
met, then place a category in column D. Here's what I want to
accomplish.
If B2<500 then place "RED" in Column D.
If B2 is between 500-1000 then place "Orange"
If B2 is between 1000-1500 then place Green
If B2 is 1500+ then place Blue.

I might just be overthinking, but I just can't seem to get it all the
way through testing each test.
Any help would be greatly appericated.
THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Brian

In D2 enter

=IF(B2<500,"RED",IF(B2<1000,"Orange",IF(B2<1500,"G reen","Blue")))

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

oups.com...