Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Saving

Hello,
I have Microsoft 2007. (NEW) I have had some problems when you save or when
the auto save kicks in. I loose all data from the last time I have save it if
I have save it. Either save would kick it into a long wait and a blank white
screen and eventually I would have to end the task to get out of it.
I have tried to save as the 13MB file as .xlsw and then save it as .xls
again but it still seams to be doing this. I have to save it as .xls because
I send this out and even internally I still have some users w/ 2003 version.
Why is this doing this ( I loose a lot of work ) and what can I do to fix
this.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

I don't know of 2007, but on older versions of Excel, when operating with a
file taken from a network, if the network gets a hit, you cannot save the
file. I found this when working at a little company that had a LOT of hits
on the network all day long. My only solution was to save frequently and
just absorb the losses between if the save failed. This usually is no
problem if using a file from your local drive.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3