Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I paste multiple values into one cell?

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Sometimes the TextToColumns thing gets stuck........if you've been doing it,
then try just shutting down and restarting and see if it acts the same BEFORE
any TextToColumns activity.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"RJUN" wrote:

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That didn't work. Here is an example of what we are trying to do. In Workbook
1 we have multiple values of numerical data i.e, 1234.56 1233.54 1233.54 in
cell A1. We want to paste it into Workbook 2 cell A1. However when we use the
paste function, it seperates the values into multiple columns i.e, 1234.56 is
in A1, 1233.54 is in B1, and so on, instead of pasting all of the values into
the selected cell A1.
Thanks for responding so quickly though!! Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks!!
Rjun

"RJUN" wrote:

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Try intentionally formatting the cells as TEXT before copying and
pasting.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"RJUN" wrote:

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the following:

With both workbooks open, in the target workbook A1 type "="

Then navigate to the source workbook and click A1.

Copy down in the destination. Select destination column A, Copy, Paste
Special... Values.

Does this help?

Kostis Vezerides

"RJUN" wrote:

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

We' ve tried that. It didn't work. :(
Thank you though!!

Have a great day!
Rjun

"RJUN" wrote:

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Unfortunately that didn't work either. It looks like we'll have to do it the
"old fashioned" way and manually enter all of the data.

Thank you for your assistance!!

Rjun

"RJUN" wrote:

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

How about PasteSpecial Values..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"RJUN" wrote:

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That was one of the first things we tried. I think we figured it out. My
associate is working in Excel 2003 (recently upgraded from Excel 2000). We
have a pc that still has Excel 2000 and in that version we are able to cut
and paste multiple values in one cell to another cell without the data being
inserted into multiple cells. I guess 2003 just won't let you do that.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Rjun

"RJUN" wrote:

We need to paste comma delimited text which contains multiple values from one
cell into another single cell on a separate page. When we cut and paste, the
values contained in the one cell are then pasted into several cells, instead
of just one. How can we avoid this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this (I found it on the web a while back, not sure where)

Sub MergeCells()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") & " " & Cell
Next
End Sub

(Note: everything that is selected is concatenated and placed into cell A1)

--
RyGuy