Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Don is offline

Default Formating cell based on multiple inputs from another sheet

Hello, I going to export some data into Excel from Access. I'm fine with
getting the data into one of the worksheets but then I wanted to further
format the data to display to end users on a new worksheet.

For example; let's say my raw data (In Sheet1) looks something like this
Column1/Column2/Column3
ProductA/BackOrder
ProductB/Available/OnDisplay
ProductC/Available/StockRoom
ProductD/PreOrder

I'm good with getting the product description into the second worksheet with
referencing the column but then want to change the color of the cell(where
the prooduct description is placed) based on (Backorder = red, Available =
green, PreOrder = blue). Then I want to further format the product cell to
have a border go down diagonal when it's OnDisplay.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Don
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use Format | Conditional Formatting and use the
Cell Value Is along with the choice 'equal to' and type in one of the 3
phrases and set the colors based on which phrase is in the cell to change the
color. Luckily you have 3 phrases and you can set up 3 conditions, so that
all works well for you. However, while conditional formatting permits
changing the cell shading and font properties, it doesn't provide for placing
a diagonal line across the cell.

That leaves you kind of stuck with the default format for empty cells,
StockRoom items and the OnDisplay items without resorting to a coded
solution.

"Don" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Don is offline

Does this just change the color of the text box with the product status(ie
BackOrder) in it? I only want to show the product description on my new
worksheet and have it's color change based on status. So how do you set a
cell with the description productA to say reference another field and if that
field says BackOrder then I make the ProductA cell look red.

Thanks