Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can you help please

Hi,

Can you help please
In D16 I have a number 1.40 format as number 2 decimal places.
In E16 I have a number 3 format as number 0 decimal places.
In F16 I enter =D16+E16 but I get "Must be whole number"
Why is it not calculating?

Thanks Eamon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

When I enter =D16+E16 in cell F16 and press enter a popup is coming up (If
that is the right term) which says
Microsoft Excel
(White X on Red background)
Must be whole number
Retry Cancel

Eamon

"Eamon" wrote in message

Can you help please
In D16 I have a number 1.40 format as number 2 decimal places.
In E16 I have a number 3 format as number 0 decimal places.
In F16 I enter =D16+E16 but I get "Must be whole number"
Why is it not calculating?

Thanks Eamon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

Got it, Validation - Allow Decimal - Minimum 0.1

Thanks for your reply

Eamon

"Eamon" wrote in message

Can you help please
In D16 I have a number 1.40 format as number 2 decimal places.
In E16 I have a number 3 format as number 0 decimal places.
In F16 I enter =D16+E16 but I get "Must be whole number"
Why is it not calculating?

Thanks Eamon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Someone set Data validation on your cell.
To clear: Data|Validation|Clear all

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Eamon" wrote in message ...
| Bob,
|
| When I enter =D16+E16 in cell F16 and press enter a popup is coming up (If
| that is the right term) which says
| Microsoft Excel
| (White X on Red background)
| Must be whole number
| Retry Cancel
|
| Eamon
| "Bob Phillips" wrote in message
| What do you get?
|
| Is it just not showing the decimal places.
|

| --
|
| HTH
|
| Bob Phillips
|
| (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct)
|
| "Eamon" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| Can you help please
| In D16 I have a number 1.40 format as number 2 decimal places.
| In E16 I have a number 3 format as number 0 decimal places.
| In F16 I enter =D16+E16 but I get "Must be whole number"
| Why is it not calculating?
|
| Thanks Eamon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Niek