Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Percentage calculation in pivot table

Hi there

I need to get the % of totals in the pivot table and don't know the formula
to use when using the Insert calculated field option in the pivot table.

Can someone assist
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Amanda

Right click on a cell in your PT. Select PT WizardLayout.
Double click on the relevant data field and select Options. As you
scroll down you will see there are options to express the value as % of
different things.
If you want both the absolute and the percentage, drag the filed to the
data area twice, setting 1 to Sum or Count as required, and the other to
the percentage option.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Amanda" wrote in message
Hi there

I need to get the % of totals in the pivot table and don't know the
formula
to use when using the Insert calculated field option in the pivot
table.

Can someone assist

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Roger,

This is great. For other calculations, we probably need to add a calculated field.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...es/pivot4.html

But for percentages, I'll definitely use the built-in feature. As a matter of fact, I have a problem using calculated field feature to calculate percentages because the grand total isn't a field for me to insert. I won't worry about it.

Double click on the relevant data field and select Options. <<

It took me a few attempts to get the Options button. At first, I clicked on the data field towards the right (outside the box) and the Options button never showed up. I had to click on the data field *in the data area* in order to have the Options button.

By the way, thanks for telling us about the DataPig web site. I like it a lot.

Epinn