Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot table from CSV data, problem with percentage of total.

Hi,

(P.S. This is more readable with Courier font.)

I'm using data from a CSV file to make a Pivot Table.
My data is sum of widgets per year.

In the Pivot Table, I have the years across the top as column headers
so it looks like this :

2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
A 437 179 431 203 14 321 270
B 267 382 429 432 205 257 176
Now in a standard pivot table I can get a total on each line:

2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 Total
A 437 179 431 203 14 321 270 1855
B 267 382 429 432 205 257 176 2148
But what I really want is this:

2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
A 24% 10% 23% 11% 1% 17% 15%
B 12% 18% 20% 20% 10% 12% 8%

where each data cell is expressed as a percentage of the total,
but I don't have the total in the CSV file.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Gloria