Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting # of days worked

Column J= employee number
Column L = day(s) work

I need to sum the number of different days worked by each employee (Column L
can have multiple instances of the same date)

Thanks

ce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Will this formula calculate thee number of different days worked?

Column L contains the day but will have multiple entires of simular dates.

EX: each employee, Column j could have, for example 8 items listed on Nov
16, 6 on Nov 15, etc. In this example I need to calculate that he only worked
2 days

Thanks

"Curtis" wrote in message
Column J= employee number
Column L = day(s) work

I need to sum the number of different days worked by each employee (Column

can have multiple instances of the same date)

Thanks

ce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This formual returns a value that counts the number of instances rather than
the number of different instances (days)

The data contains 7 values for Nov 15 and 8 values for Nov 16. This formula
gives an answer of 15 rather than 2

"Curtis" wrote:

Column J= employee number
Column L = day(s) work

I need to sum the number of different days worked by each employee (Column L
can have multiple instances of the same date)

Thanks

ce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The easiest way is to use COUNTDIFF function which is part of the Morefunc
add-in, then you can use this formula

=COUNTDIFF(IF(J2:J100="employee number",IF(L2:L100<"",L2:L100)),,FALSE)

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

otherwise, without Morefunc, try

=COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF(J2:J100="employee
number",IF(L2:L100<"",MATCH(L2:L100,L2:L100,0))), ROW(L2:L100)-ROW(L2)+1))

also confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

you can download Morefunc from here

http://xcell05.free.fr/