Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bob is offline

Default Counting the number of Error Types

I'm trying to determine which error types exist in a fairly large worksheet,
so I wrote the following formula to find the number of "#REF!" errors:

=COUNTIF(A2:CY5000,ERROR.TYPE(A2:CY5000)=4)

After manually looking through the entire worksheet I found 2 cells
containing "#REF!". Yet, my previous formula returned zero.

Can someone tell me why my formula isn't working correctly?
Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bob is offline

Ardus,
One more thing: I used the following formula to determine the TOTAL number
of errors:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISERROR(A2:CY5000)))
=24
But when I used your formula to determine the number of SPECIFIC error
types, the result was always zero. Is there something more than #N/A,
#VALUE!, #REF!, #DIV/0!, #NUM!, #NAME?, and #NULL! that ISERROR is looking at?
Thanks again for your help.
Bob

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A2:CY5000,#REF!)