Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Nesting functions - Countif ...

Hi,

I'm trying to build a function which counts the number of subscribers
in a list by carrier. Column A has the carriers listed, Column O is
either "Yes" or blank If "Yes", then that address is on the Do Not
Deliver list and the entry should be excluded.I'd have thought I should
write a function that looked like:
=COUNTIF(A:A, Carrier) AND (O:O, " ")
That dosen't work nor does it work with enclosing parentheses.

My carriers a
Angeline
Bruce
Gina
Terry

I can produce a count of their names, but since some of the entries are
DND's I end up with false results.

I've looked through three books and found out that it's not addressed
in any of them. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks,

Byron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100="Angeline"),--($O$1:$O$100=""))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dos Equis" wrote in message
[...]