Excel not working with hotmail

Default how to e-mail with an attachment using hotmail

I have been trying to e-mail my boss for a week my milage report. I use
Hotmail as my default e-mail client. I receive his e-mail with attachments
with no problem, however when I try to e-mail him with an attachment, he
receives the e-mail with a blank attachment, so my information that I've
typed in is not getting to him. What am I doing wrong?