Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I set up an auto return to the next column in excell?

I am entering data in sets of three cells in each column on a spreadsheet.
Can I set up an auto return so that when I hit "enter" on the third cell, it
will automatically go to the first cell in the next column? (Bascially set up
a pattern such as - <enter=go down one cell, <enter=go down one cell,
<enter=go up two cells and right one cell.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

radley38, you could do it with some code, like this

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
If Target.Row = 4 Then Target.Offset(-3, 1).Select
End Sub

To put in this macro right click on the worksheet tab and view code, in the
window that opens paste this code, press Alt and Q to close this window and
to change the macro security settings to get the macro to run. To change the
security settings go to tools, macro, security, security level and set it to
medium

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"radley38" wrote in message
I am entering data in sets of three cells in each column on a spreadsheet.
Can I set up an auto return so that when I hit "enter" on the third cell,

it
will automatically go to the first cell in the next column? (Bascially set

up
a pattern such as - <enter=go down one cell, <enter=go down one cell,
<enter=go up two cells and right one cell.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your welcome, thanks for the feedback

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"radley38" wrote in message
Thanks! worked like a charm!

"Paul B" wrote:

radley38, you could do it with some code, like this

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
If Target.Row = 4 Then Target.Offset(-3, 1).Select
End Sub

To put in this macro right click on the worksheet tab and view code, in

the
window that opens paste this code, press Alt and Q to close this window

and

have