Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditioning??

Story: I have several accounts that we ship supplies too. My excel sheet
lists every account number we have and the number of times we have shipped
them supplies in a six month time frame.

Question: How can I set up the worksheet so if I want any of my accounts
that appear on my list more than 10 times, it appears in red or bold or any
type of indicator that makes that account or multiple accounts stand out.

There are over 1000 accounts and I want to determine the top 50 or 100 worst
offenders. Thank you to anyone who assists.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Just a thought. If you tried Highlighting the Supplier name column and go to
Data-Subtotal. You could use the count function and then go to Tab 2 and sort
Column B in Descending order. Example of results below.

Supplier
b Count 12
c Count 12
a Count 5
rr Count 3
b Count 2
dd Count 2
c Count 1
dd Count 1
Grand Count 38

"Brurobiney" wrote:

Story: I have several accounts that we ship supplies too. My excel sheet
lists every account number we have and the number of times we have shipped
them supplies in a six month time frame.

Question: How can I set up the worksheet so if I want any of my accounts
that appear on my list more than 10 times, it appears in red or bold or any
type of indicator that makes that account or multiple accounts stand out.

There are over 1000 accounts and I want to determine the top 50 or 100 worst
offenders. Thank you to anyone who assists.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the column containing the accounts. Use Format/Conditional Formatting,
change "cell value is" to "Formula is", and enter this (example is for col A
- adjust accordingly)
=COUNTIF(A:A,A1)10
pick your pattern (click format button)