Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel File Double's in size?

When I copy a Sheet From One file to My file, My file Doubles in Size when I
save the file. Excel 2000

I start with a file size 347KB, Every time I copy a sheet it Doubles after i
copy 17 Sheets I have a file 10,894KB.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Typically, a file's size will grow as you describe for one of 2 reasons:

The "last used cell" reference is in a grossly inaccurate location (like
cell IV65000)
To check that: Press the [end] key...then press the [home] key.
To correct the location of that cell:
-delete all unnecessary rows
-delete all unnecessary columns
-save the workbook...(on some Excel version you may need to save, close,
reopen)

OR

Multiple pivot tables, all referencing the same data source, but using their
own pivot cache (copy of the source data).
If that's your situation, then,
for each pivot table:
-engage the pivot table wizard (right-click on the pivot table)
-Click the [back] button until you get to Step_1
-Base pivot table on "Another Pivot Table report"
(that will cause the PT's to share the same copy of the pivot cache)
-Click the [Next] buttons and ensure that the settings are correct.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"GENO" wrote:

When I copy a Sheet From One file to My file, My file Doubles in Size when I
save the file. Excel 2000

I start with a file size 347KB, Every time I copy a sheet it Doubles after i
copy 17 Sheets I have a file 10,894KB.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ron, Thank you for the Informatiom on end and Home, but it didn't help. My
file consisted of Square Box's with x's inside Box's If I copyed Box"s From
C-6 To AH- 44 the file would Double. I corrected the Problem by Copying One
Row At A Time an saveing after i Pasted.