Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i change row font color based on cell value in that row

I am tring to get the font color for an entire row to change based on the
value of a cell in the row. For example, B1 = TRUE B2= FALSE and B3 = FALSE.
I would like the font color for all of row 1 to be red based on the fact that
B1 equals TRUE and the font color of the other two rows to remain black based
on the fact the the value in their respective B columns does not equal TRUE.

I tried conditional formatting but can only get the font in cell B1 to turn
red not all of row 1.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

Select the entire Row_B, with any cell in that row as the active cell.
Then....
From the Excel main menu:
<format<conditional formatting
Formula is: =($B$1=TRUE)
Click the [formatiing] button and set the font to RED.
That's it.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"brianatkraft" wrote:

I am tring to get the font color for an entire row to change based on the
value of a cell in the row. For example, B1 = TRUE B2= FALSE and B3 = FALSE.
I would like the font color for all of row 1 to be red based on the fact that
B1 equals TRUE and the font color of the other two rows to remain black based
on the fact the the value in their respective B columns does not equal TRUE.

I tried conditional formatting but can only get the font in cell B1 to turn
red not all of row 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Um....the references were for ROW_1!
not ROW B

(sheesh! You'd think I'd never used a worksheet before!)
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Select the entire Row_B, with any cell in that row as the active cell.
Then....
From the Excel main menu:

"brianatkraft" wrote:

I am tring to get the font color for an entire row to change based on the
value of a cell in the row. For example, B1 = TRUE B2= FALSE and B3 = FALSE.
I would like the font color for all of row 1 to be red based on the fact that
B1 equals TRUE and the font color of the other two rows to remain black based
on the fact the the value in their respective B columns does not equal TRUE.

I tried conditional formatting but can only get the font in cell B1 to turn
red not all of row 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the entire ROWS to be iimpacted, with any cell in ROW_1 as the active
cell.
Then....
From the Excel main menu:
<format<conditional formatting
Formula is: =($B1=TRUE)

Note the dollar sign ($) before the B. That will cause each row to evaluate
its respective Col_B value for engaging the Conditional Format.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Select the entire Row_B, with any cell in that row as the active cell.
Then....
From the Excel main menu: