Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Geo Geo is offline

Default date

I am in need of a formula to return a date of the Saturday of the next week.
EX.) I run a form on either Thursday or Friday of every week. I need to
return a date of the Saturday coming up only.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=+A1+7-MOD(A1,7)
Where A1 contains the Thurs, Friday or whatever. If A1 is Saturday, the
NEXT Saturday is returned.
--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"Geo" wrote:

I am in need of a formula to return a date of the Saturday of the next week.
EX.) I run a form on either Thursday or Friday of every week. I need to
return a date of the Saturday coming up only.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe to get the next Sunday, Monday etc. regardless you would need to
amend the formula to
=TODAY()+A1-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+7*(TODAY()+A1-WEEKDAY(TODAY())<TODAY())

Where A1 could hold 1 For Sunday, 2 for Monday etc.

If you just used
=TODAY()+1-WEEKDAY(TODAY())
to get the next Sunday today (03 Nov 2006), the formula would return
29 Oct 2006 i.e last Sunday as opposed to next.

--
Regards

Roger Govier