Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Finding how many events since last occurence in a database list

Hi everyone,

I have a database of results and i want to enter a formula in a cell (X1)
that show the last time a number appeared.
In column A is the number of the races in descending order (i.e 20 to 1), in
column B is the number races since last win, in ascending order (1 to 20), in
col C is the number of the horse and in column D is the odds.
The same number horse "23" (yes, he's was a beautiful jumper) may win race 6
and race 10 out of 20 races. I then sort the list with latest race at the
top. In Col C, no 23 is now in cell C11 which means that it last won 11 races
ago. If another 15 races take place and 23 doesn't win, it will now be 26
races since 23 last won. I'm looking for a formula that shows this instead on
me having to filter out no 23 to see how many races have gone by since last
win.

please help.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tony,

How do you indicate that the horse won the race? I don't see anywhere in your explanation where a
victory is indicated - just the number of races since a victory, which is presumably what you want
to calculate.....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Tony the Bajan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Finding how many events since last occurence in a database lis

Hi Bernie,

Col C contains only the number of the winners. Hopes this makes it clearer.

Thanks