Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drop down dependency stuff

Is there a way of having it so if people select on option on a drop down list
it will only give them certain options in two drop down boxes later in the
sheet? e.g.
If they select project risks it will only bring up options in the drop down
boxes relevant to them and same for bottom up risks etc.

It needs to be linked into drop down boxes for impacts and probabilities
relating to these and I need to have both because I am going to be linking it
all the different risks (group, top down, bottom up, project) to seperate
lookup tables dependent on their outcome.

I have managed to make on list dependent on this by setting up this structu

Risk Probability Impact
TDR TD1 BU1 P1 BUR BU4
BUR TD2 BU2 P2 PR P2
PR TD3 BU3 P3 TDR TD2
TD4 BU4 TDR TD3
TD5 BU5 BUR BU4

With this formula:
=OFFSET(INDIRECT($E2),0,0,COUNTA(INDIRECT($E2&"Col ")),1)

This allowed the probability section to work but I can't get the impact one
to show different bits as it involved using names for columns and cells and I
can't use the same names twice to refer to different impacts which would be
called:

TDI1 BUI1 PI1
TDI2 BUI2 PI2
TDI3 BUI3 PI3
TDI4 BUI4 PI4
TDI5 BUI5 PI5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pasty, have a look here,

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Pasty" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I used this for the initial list and got the dependent drop down list for
probabilities working but I can't get it to apply to impacts as well as it
would involve using the same names for the columns etc.

"Paul B" wrote:

Pasty, have a look here,

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003