Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Group & Sum function

I need to do a group and sum for a spreadsheet that looks a bit like this

Company Market #ofDiv Status

I need to get the total # of divisions by market for each status.

Is there a function/ set of functions that will help me do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Probably easiest to use a pivot table. Highlight the data and then select
Data - Pivot Table. The Pivot Table Wizard will pop up. You can either
follow the wizard of just hit finish (the default should be good enough). A
new sheet will be created with a pivot table on it. Drag the Number of
division to the middle and the Status and markets to the left column. Drag
the fields around until you get it looking the way you want it to... If you
want you can add a format to it to make it look fance by just selecting a
format from the pivot table tool bar...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson